Madison Violent Crime Lawyer
Experienced Legal Representation Against Violent Crimes in Madison County
If you or a loved one has been accused of a violent crime in the Jackson Metro Area, let The Coon Law Firm PLLC defend you inside and outside the courtroom. Since 2011, our Madison violent crime defense lawyer has handled more than 500 criminal cases and successfully tried numerous misdemeanor and felony jury trials. We understand how to help our clients obtain the most favorable outcome in various criminal cases, including violent crimes.
Are you facing violent crime charges in Mississippi? Call The Coon Law Firm, PLLC today at (601) 299-4464 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our violent crime attorney in Madison!
Violent Crimes in Mississippi
A violent crime is an offense involving force, bodily harm, and/or threat of violence. Since these types of crimes involve some form of harm, they are associated with harsh criminal penalties.
Common examples of violent crimes include:
- Domestic violence
- Weapons charges
You expect law enforcement officials and state prosecutors to thoroughly investigate the alleged offense before filing charges against someone. However, it is common for the police to rush an investigation to solve the crime as quickly as possible, which may lead to a person being overly charged or wrongfully accused.
They may obtain statements from lying witnesses or need to gather all the evidence to paint a clearer picture of what occurred. In some cases, officers may violate a person’s constitutional rights to gain the evidence necessary to file charges.
That is why it is imperative to hire a lawyer as soon as you have been arrested or charged with a violent crime. Our Madison violent crime defense attorney can listen to your story, investigate your arrest, examine the evidence, and develop an aggressive and effective defense strategy to defend you.
What are the Penalties for Violent Crimes?
In Mississippi, the penalties for violent crimes can vary depending on the specific offense and circumstances of the case.
- Assault: Simple assault is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $500. Aggravated assault involves using a deadly weapon or causes serious injury and is a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- Domestic violence: Domestic violence is a criminal offense in Mississippi and is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. Repeated offenses carry harsher penalties.
- Stalking: Stalking is a criminal offense in Mississippi and is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. Repeated offenses carry harsher penalties.
- Kidnapping: Kidnapping is a serious crime in Mississippi and is punishable by up to life in prison.
- Robbery: Robbery is punishable by up to life in prison.
- Burglary: Burglary is punishable by up to life in prison.
- Weapons charges: Penalties for weapons charges can vary depending on the specific crime and circumstances of the case. Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
- Manslaughter: Manslaughter is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- Murder: Murder is punishable by life in prison or the death penalty.
While some are considered misdemeanors, many are serious felony offenses, punishable by imprisonment, fines worth thousands of dollars, and a criminal record that can make everyday life difficult. To avoid conviction or to serve time behind bars, you need a skilled criminal defense attorney to protect your rights, reputation, and freedom.
Contact Our Violent Crime Attorney Today
From start to finish, our firm will guide you through the intricacies of your case and help you get the best possible result in court. We provide affordable legal counsel no matter what charge you face.
Contact The Coon Law Firm, PLLC, today to schedule a consultation with our violent crime lawyer in Madison today!
Hear It From Our ClientsReal Stories From Real People
“Thanks 100% from my heart.”- D. Case
“He was able to get my son through with no jail time and was even able to get the fines reduced.”- Jonathon
“Attorney Coon was very successful in his task, great communication skills, great staff, we thank the Lord for attorney Coon.”- Lonnie
The Coon Law Firm PLLC Difference
We are honest, fair and provide excellent representation.
We offer confidential consultations and fair rates no matter the charge.
We have successfully tried numerous misdemeanor and felony jury trials.
We walk you through the legal process and our strategy to get you the best results.
Our firm is licensed to practice law in Mississippi & Louisiana.
When you hire us, you can expect transparent communication and personal attention to your case.